The Judging Process
The Motor Trader Industry Awards has a highly experienced panel of judges chosen for their independence and expertise in motor retailing. Judges include the Motor Ombudsman, trade body representatives, business journalists, some with decades of experience in the motor trade. Highly experienced suppliers are also represented.
Entrants are asked to submit responses to entry questions and a range of supporting material that should be tailored to the criteria for each category. Judges will review each entry, scoring every nomination on their own, individual merit against the category criteria.
Our judging panel will then meet to to discuss their findings and scores, awarding the finalists and winners for 2022!
For the supplier categories, entrants are asked to submit responses to a range of questions to form their initial entry. Entrants will then be invited to carry out a presentation and Q&A pitch in a Dragon's Den type format with a select group of judges from the panel.
Entrants are required to conduct a presentation to meet the category criteria and showcase why they should win the award to our expert panel of judges. Presentation slots will be held between Tuesday 6th September - Thursday 8th September . Please ensure a representative has availability during these dates to present to our panel. Presentations will take place on a virtual platform and you will be contacted with your date and time slot ahead of the judging period.
Guidance on your Presentation:
• We are looking for a short presentation. If using slides, please use up to 15 slides. The time slot does not allow for any more than this
• Please address the category criteria for your nominated category. Keep it straightforward, picking out the highlights.
• The aim of the presentation is to show the judges what you have done, how it meets the criteria and gives you the opportunity to stand out from other entrants
• Please back your case with facts and tangible evidence, give some idea of the scale of your achievements.
• In the penultimate slide, to make a lasting impression on Judges, put in three or four Bullet points giving the stand out reasons you should win the award. What makes your entry truly outstanding?
• Check over your entry, and think, can I make come cuts to make it sharper, to shout out: “This is the reason we should win.”
If you have entered the supplier categories, your presentation will be held on the following date as per the category list below.
Tuesday 6th September
- Online Used Car Trading Platform (B2B)
- Online Used Car Trading Platform (B2C)
- Remarketing Company of the Year
Wednesday 7th September
- IT Innovation of the Year
- Recruitment Agency of the Year
Thursday 8th September
- Aftersales Product Provider of the Year
- EV Innovation of the Year
- Finance Provider of the Year
- Warranty/Added-Value Insurance Products Provider of the Year
Submit your entry today and you could make it through to the 2022 shortlist, and celebrate your win at the Grosvenor House, Park Lane on Wednesday 23rd November in front of your peers.